Saturday, February 03, 2007

With all due respect to Postsecret...


This picture is from this very cool website Postsecret and it really speaks to me. I am a conflicted extrovert: I love to spend time alone AND with other people and sometimes, there is so much happiness in being alone, I just wish I could share it with someone else. But therein lies the connundrum, because once that alone time is shared, it is obviously no long alone. I think life is like that a lot. A catch-22, of sorts. We are most pure in our selves and we become tainted by the judgements we perceive from others, real or fabricated. Even positively. Postsecret changes late every Saturday night (EST) and I look forward to it each week. I may invest in the books.
Sometimes, when I am sleeping next to someone, I wish they wouldn't want to sleep because I want them to feel like I do, that if we are together, we shouldn't need to sleep. But then sometimes I am just really tired too. I want to find that person who wants to stay up all night with me, until the time that we both know that when we wake up in the morning, together, we will just keep the conversation going.
is life really too short or am i just not effecient enough?

1 comment:

justin said...

Maybe you're just living in the moment and wanting to take full advantage of it. It doesn't have to have anything to do with efficiency or the world around you, just your appreciation for the moment.