Saturday, January 28, 2006

Whither the wind blows

Tonight is the first night of my blog. I am a blog virgin, as a writer. I have read them before, and even commented on them. I have even heard CBC radio do a piece on why people do blogs now (narcissism, perhaps? or loneliness? - I am feeling neither...) so at least I have that. But this is my first stab at sharing my thoughts with the world randomly. I guess this is supposed to be like the way some of us write in our journals as if we expect our grandchildren to find them and publish them as memoirs. Yeah, just like that.
At any rate, blogging is a decidedly quasi-intellectual way of procrastinating from writing grad school applications. Much more enjoyable than "passing the vaccuum", as the French are wont to say. Nothing against the French. It just came up today at work. More on that for another day.
In summation, welcome.
Enjoy your stay. Return for the ambiance.

No comments: